In January I completed a two-hour training session on types of online resources we would be using. Since then we have been creating resources to help deliver our curriculum. The model we are using is simple enough to follow (I know it is because I understand it!) and I have to say it should be fairly easy for the students to use and engage withRead More
The main focus of this meeting was to look at the membership package on offer. We would be looking at the first draft on what was on offer to an individual who works within further education and/or the adult learning sector.Read More
We're planning a meeting of minds in the great outdoors. What could be more inspiring than a leisurely amble through the Peak District with like minded gentle-folk, then finding a place to rest your legs in front of a log fire with a pint of foaming ale. That's right, UKFEchat are strolling to a pub. Fancy joining us?Read More
Members of The UKFEchat community are going to take the £1 a day challenge! For 5 consecutive days between Sat 16th - Sat 23rd May. Why not join the team? Share your experience and your recipes!Read More
Following the request for ideas for #UKFEchat topics, I've put together a list of all your suggestions. If there's anything that would be really useful for us to discuss which isn't covered by one of these topics, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page and I'll add your suggestion to the list.
We only schedule a few weeks in advance in order to make the chats relevant and to allow for surprise sector changes which need a swift UKFEchat debate.
#UKFEchat Twitter discussion schedule
- Thurs 19th March - Are you in the right job?
- Thurs 27th March - Supporting students into work - Hosted by Tony Payne @DJTPayne
- Thurs 16th April - Gender & sexuality: Celebrating Equality & Diversity in FE.
- Thurs 23rd April - Surviving observation.
- Thurs 30th April - Energising practice: Making every session count.
- Thurs 7th May - Becoming a leader at every level. Brilliant leadership in FE.
- Thurs 14th May - Social media, VLEs and impact on learning- Hosted by Beckie Dunsby @bex83
- Thurs 21st May - Effective organisational communication: up, down and sideways! Hosted by Jayne Stigger @fossa99
- Thurs 28th May - Progression for learners, in and out of colleges. Hosted by Jayne Stigger @fossa99
- Thurs 4th June - Are you institutionalised?-The world beyond your workplace.
- Thurs 11th June - Professional standards in FE. Hosted by @tricia_Odell
- Thurs 18th June - What's the future for FE? hosted by Teacher Ed Leicester @tedu4411
- Thurs 25th June - We're talking politics
- Thurs 2nd July
- Thurs 9th July
- Thurs 16th July - Hosted by Hilary Read @HilaryReadOn
- Thurs 23rd July
- Engaging employers: What are the real employability skills?
- Getting through the last leg of the academic year!
- How re we getting #FELTAG ready for September?
- Target setting.
- Tech ideas and inspiration.
- Questioning techniques.
- Changes in L2 quals for Sept 2017
- How are you getting more for less in the current FE climate?
- Maintaining professional standards.
- Off-site activities: Learning outside the college.
- Collaborative practice in teams, departments, colleges & edu sectors.
- Thriving throughout your first year in FE.
- Assessment: Making sure learning happens.
- The first 10 minutes.
- How to be a reflective practitioner.
- Is there enough emphasis on safeguarding in FE?
- Making English and maths exciting for every learner.
- Rock hard soft skills.
- Getting the most from CPD.
- The best advice you were ever given.